French Spinach Pie

I have already posted one spinach pie recipe, so this one I shall call French Spinach Pie, because my mother got the recipe from our neighbor, who was from France and quite an accomplished cook.  It is very easy to make, and delicious for a quick luncheon, brunch or even for dinner.  Plus, the recipe makes 2 pies, so you can feed a small crowd, or give one away!  I generally am lazy and use frozen pie crusts for this particular pie, but if you are motivated, by all means, make your own crust and it will be even more yummy, I’m sure.

  • 2 unbaked 8″ pie shells
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 pound cottage cheese ( I use low fat)
  • 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (I have used other types, including mexican mix!)
  • 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
  • 2 TBS melted butter
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
  • 1 1o oz. package of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients  (except pie crusts!) and mix thoroughly.
  3. Pour into pie shells, and bake at 375 degrees until set and lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
  4. Serve warm or room temperature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • did you like the food © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes